On Randy’s Donuts



I honestly feel awful and disappointed after eating Randy’s Donuts. Para akong nalulunod sa asukal after the experience. Their donuts are just too big, sugary, and bready. I do not get that satisfied feeling I get after eating a well-deserved dessert. A good dessert should leave you craving for just one more bite, not wanting to puke out that montrosity you forced yourself to finish eating because it was too expensive for a piece of bread.

I just gave it another try, because a branch opened up near our office, and I instantly regretted it after taking one bite.

American servings are not good for Filipinos. Our parents taught us to clean out our plate. Kapag dumami pa ang branches ng Randy’s Donuts, we will be a metropolis of people growing fat on donuts we don’t even like. Maybe when you do try their donuts, share one with a friend. Or four friends.

When I got back to the office from lunch break, a colleague offered me kutsinta from Biñan, Laguna. I was so full, but I took one just to be polite. It was fresh, malinamnam, and it tasted just right. Made me wish I had that for dessert instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coldplay in Manila

Wedding Photos