Hamilton: An American Musical



Thoughts after watching Hamilton on Disney+ three times:

1. Hamilton is an exciting and kinetic frenzy of a musical about the life of Alexander Hamilton, one of American's Founding Fathers. It's a history lesson (but many liberties were taken of course), but sang in rap, hip-hop, pop, and R&B.
2. I have been obsessed with Hamilton since 2016. I have repeated the Original Broadway Cast Recording on Spotify probably a million times. Even if I can practically sing along to every line to every song in the musical, I was still awed and floored by the film.
3. There are so many witty details in the film; details that are so understated you will only see them on your second or third viewing.
4. Where else, in the history of pop culture, would you see two cabinet secretaries debate against each other in the form of a rap battle?
5. I have never seen a more talented ensemble of actors. They sing, dance, and rap. Their facial expressions add even more flavor to the already great music.
6. Hamilton just left me so satisfied and amazed. It is even better than how I imagined it would be all those times I listened to the cast recording, and I am sure that watching it live (which I hope will happen sometime soon) will be another different but equally unforgettable and thrilling experience.
7. Something as good as this could only possibly come once in every generation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coldplay in Manila

Wedding Photos