Sex and the City Season 1: A Review



Thanks to my HBO Go subscription (probably one of my most sulit purchases during the quarantine period), I was able to re-watch Season 1 of Sex and the City.
I grew up watching SATC. All throughout my years in undergrad, I tuned in to HBO weekly to watch Carrie Bradshaw and her friends traipse all over New York City. I was a just a teenager back then, and as a teenager I thought Carrie and her friends knew everything there was to know about life and love.
Watching SATC again, and now in my mid-thirties, I realized that Carrie’s maturity when it comes to dating and relationships is that of a woman in her early twenties. I mean, who else would: (1)  date a guy who clearly didn’t see her early on as someone he would want to marry eventually; (2) actually whine to the same guy about not being taken seriously; (3) actually arrange a meeting with the same guy’s ex-wife; (4) go to the church where the same guy accompanied his mother, hoping he would introduce her as his girlfriend; and (5)  actually spend so much time thinking about what this guy thought of her. A thirty-something New Yorker like Carrie was just supposed to brush it all off, spend time with her amazing and stylish New Yorker friends, and focus on her column. There were just so many times Carrie’s actions just made me cringe.
I couldn’t help but wonder: in the real world, is it even possible for Carrie and Mr. Big’s relationship to end up in marriage, considering how their romance started in Season 1?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coldplay in Manila

Wedding Photos